Christmas Pear & Cranberry Relish
Delicious with all your festive meats, particularly Turkey & Pork.
Quick and easy to make!
For 1 Serving(s)
- 2.5 Cups Diced & Peeled Fresh Pear
- 2 Cups Fresh Cranberries
- 0.75 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Bayleaf
Christmas Pear & Cranberry Relish Directions
- In a saucepan, mix chopped pears, cranberries, sugar, cinnamon stick, bay leaf and 1/4 cup water.
- Gently simmer stirring continually until sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved stir occasionally, until the berries have popped and the juices have thickened, about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool
- Remove Bayleaf before serving
Please note this is not a traditional preserve.
This recipe is designed as a side dish to eat immediately.
Please consume or discard after 7 days.
Frozen cranberries work just as well as fresh!