Everyone loves a Quiche, especially REAL MEN. Round here our men are cowboys, and they never say no to one of my Quiche piping hot straight out of the oven.
I find putting MWM house smoked farmers bacon in any dish makes it appealing to the men on my farm! We never have leftovers.
I love baking a quick Quiche, just throwing in whatever I feel like or whatever is in the fridge. The richness from our Inglenook Farmgate Cream adds a silky smooth dimension to the Quiche.
On our farm it sometimes rains free range eggs, other times I pop up to the corner and grab a dozen from the local free range egg farmer, also sold in store.
I often bake two Quiche, as they are great for a light lunch or even a little get together.
It's up to you if you wish to line your Quiche with pastry, a decent frozen puff pastry will do the job if you don't have time to make your own.
Blind bake your pastry and cool it down prior to pouring in your Quiche mixture.
Smoked Salmon & Dill is a favourite but today we are making a #MyCountryKitchen favourite ~ Bacon & Cheese.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 Sheet Frozen Puff Pastry
- 300 g Diced Rind Off Farmers Bacon
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- 300 g Cream
- 0.5 Finely Diced White Onion
- 1 Cup Shredded Tasty Cheese
- 1 tbls Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbls Fresh Parsley Chopped
Cowboy Quiche Directions
- Use a non-stick spray on a 26cm round flan tin with removable base.
- Preheat oven to 1800C.
- Place flan tin on a baking tray also lined with baking paper so it is easier to handle, this will also make spills easy to sort.
- Blind bake 1 puff pastry sheet with pastry weights and allow to cool.
- If you wish to go an extra "country mile" you can pan fry you onion in a little butter to soften.
- Lay bacon, onion & cheese evenly on the pastry base.
- Pour in majority of Quiche egg mixture, then place tray in the middle section of your oven. Tip the rest of the egg mixture in, then slide tray into the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle a parsley garnish on top of the Quiche whilst still warm.
- Allow Quiche to cool prior to removing from the flan tin and serving.
If you prefer Smoked Salmon & Dill simply substitute bacon, onion & tasty cheese for;
- 100g Smoked Salmon
- 2 Tablespoons Meredith Feta
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped Dill
If not using pastry there is no need to use a tin with a removable tin, but make sure you use baking spray which makes everything easier handle.