Lamb Shoulder Marinated Butterflied
This wonderful easy recipe using our prepared Marinated Boneless Shoulder of Lamb is perfect for the family that wants to impress Mum on Mothers Day
Simple, delicious light & fresh.
Perfect with a glass of bubbles for Mum
For 6 Person(s)
- 1.5 kg Greek Marinated Boneless Lamb Shoulder
- 125 ml EVOO
- 1 Preserved Lemon, finely chopped
- Lemon wedges, sour cream and flat bread to serve
Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- 60 ml EVOO
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 400 g Baby heirloom tomatoes halved
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 Red onion small finely sliced
- 2 tbsp oregano finely chopped
Lamb Shoulder Marinated Butterflied Directions
- This recipe is "too easy" when you purchase our pre marinated Boneless Shoulder of Lamb
- Preheat a lightly greased barbecue to high heat. Cook lamb, skin side down, for 10 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with barbecue hood and cook for a further 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a large platter, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes before carving, to serve.
- Meanwhile, to make tomato and cucumber salad, place oil, vinegar and cumin in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Season to taste.
- To serve, place salad in a large bowl and carved lamb on a large flat platter in the centre of the table. Serve with lemon wedges, sour cream and flat bread, on the side.
Substitute baby heirloom tomatoes with cherry or grape tomatoes or whatever looks fresh at your local green grocer.
Alternatively, cook lamb on a lightly greased large char grill pan over high heat for 8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a oven tray and cook in a moderate oven 180o for 20 minutes or until cooked to your liking.