1.5kg Whole Piece Grass Fed
How to roast a 1.5kg eye round (girello) beef roast
Eye round (girello) is a perfect roast cut for roast beef sandwiches.
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Brush the beef roast lightly with oil and sear it on all sides over a moderately-high heat until evenly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the beef on a rack in a roasting dish.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes for rare, 50-60 minutes for medium and 60-70 minutes for well done.
- For ease and accuracy use a meat thermometer.
- Remove the beef roast from the oven, loosely cover with foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes. Slice the beef thinly to serve.