Its all about quality pickled pork with this recipe, not some chemical induced imported piece of pork!
Aussie Pork, hand pickled at your Aussie Independent Butcher!
At MidWest Meats we have been hand curing local Aussie Pork for over 70 years
Its not just the MidWest Team that love this ole fashioned recipe, we actually won an Australian Pork National Competition with it!
|Cuisine Type||Australian Country Cooking|
For 6 Serving(s)
|0.5 cup(s) Reduced Strained Pot Juices|
|30 grams Butter|
|1 tablespoon(s) Plain Flour|
|0.5 cup(s) Milk|
|2 kilo(s) Pickled Pork|
|2 Fresh Bay Leaves|
|8 Black Peppercorns|
|0.5 teaspoon(s) Ground Clove|
|1 Large Chopped Brown Onion|
|2 tablespoon(s) Brown Sugar|
|2 tablespoon(s) Malt Vinegar|
|Water to cover Pork|
Pickled Pork Directions
- Do not remove rind, it will keep moisture in the meat!
- Combine your Pickled Pork and all other ingredients in your Pressure Cooker
- Fill an 8 Litre (32 Cup) Pressure Cooker with water to cover pork and secure lid.
- Bring cooker to high pressure, then reduce to stabilise pressure if necessary. I say 'when necessary' because newer cookers may do this automatically.
- Cook for 30 minutes
- Using the 'quick release' method, release pressure in the cooker and loosely cover meat.
- Allow meat to cool in pot juices.
- Test your pan juices, if not too salty use liquid to make up liquid for white sauce. If too salty replace with milk.
- White Sauce is a wonderful companion to this dish!
- Serve hot or cold. When served Cold the meat tastes like amazing leg ham!
- Melt Butter in small saucepan
- Add flour and stir till its a rue and smooth.
- Cook for a minute but do not let mixture brown.
- Take off heat and slowly add milk & strained pressure cooker juices, stirring all the time to avoid lumps.
- Return to heat and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes continuously stirring.