A Country Kitchen family favourite.
So simple and wholesome with a flavour that pops.
I've highlighted seasonal summer vegetables I grow in the garden, however use your favourites.
Chicken Marylands are such a wonderful cut of poultry, fabulous for portioning. Try them today!
For 4 Person(s)
|4 Fresh Chicken Marylands|
|1 Red Onion diced|
|1 Red Capsicum diced|
|1 Zucchini diced|
|2 cup(s) Chicken or Vegetable Stock|
|1 tablespoon EVOO|
|1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary chopped|
|0.5 cup Pitted Olives|
|2 teaspoons Preserved Lemon|
|1 tablespoon parsley and/or basil chopped|
Braised Italian Chicken Maryland Directions
- Heat oven to 1700C
- Heat remaining EVOO & fresh rosemary in a fry pan till sizzling.
- Add the chicken skin down to the fry pan and brown for a lovely crisp skin.
- Deglaze pan with a little stock so you retain all the pan juices for your casserole dish.
- Put chicken into a deep casserole dish, then put capsicum, zucchini, pan juices, onion and stock on top and pop the lid on.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked, give everything a toss to combine and add olive and preserved lemon.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or rice and garnish with fresh parsley or basil.