Braised Italian Chicken Maryland
A Country Kitchen family favourite.
So simple and wholesome with a flavour that pops.
I've highlighted seasonal summer vegetables I grow in the garden, however use your favourites.
Chicken Marylands are such a wonderful cut of poultry, fabulous for portioning. Try them today!
For 4 Person(s)
- 4 Fresh Chicken Marylands
- 1 Red Onion diced
- 1 Red Capsicum diced
- 1 Zucchini diced
- 2 cup(s) Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 0.5 cup Pitted Olives
- 2 teaspoons Preserved Lemon
- 1 tablespoon parsley and/or basil chopped
Braised Italian Chicken Maryland Directions
- Heat oven to 1700C
- Heat remaining EVOO & fresh rosemary in a fry pan till sizzling.
- Add the chicken skin down to the fry pan and brown for a lovely crisp skin.
- Deglaze pan with a little stock so you retain all the pan juices for your casserole dish.
- Put chicken into a deep casserole dish, then put capsicum, zucchini, pan juices, onion and stock on top and pop the lid on.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked, give everything a toss to combine and add olive and preserved lemon.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or rice and garnish with fresh parsley or basil.